Theropod Id Needed!

TheDinosaurKing

Hello All I haven't the foggiest idea what species this tooth i saw on an online site is. @Troodon can you or someone else id this tooth for me? All I know is it  Is 1 1/2 " long i don't have a location for this nice carnivore tooth. Thanks in Advance!

Theropod indet.jpg

Without better photos, more angles, and locality info i doubt you can get any firm ID's. No way to tell the complete shape or see any serration counts with this photo. 

Agree, What is needed to start to  ID this tooth is its provenance then we need more photos and possibly other characteristics. .   There are many Theropod teeth with this similar shape  so locality, age is very important for identification and without it all you can say its an indeterminate theropod.   

I’ve asked the seller as I was also interested in this tooth due to the low price atm but the seller apparently has no locality data or provenance for any of his fossils unless otherwise stated

I hope these can help with the id process.   My guess was Allosaurus Jimmadensi.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1610.jpg

Again without a provenance it's impossible to ID this tooth.  Certainly does not look Allosaurid 

21 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Again without a provenance it's impossible to ID this tooth.  Certainly does not look Allosaurid 

Sadly that's what i thought. However is there a certain family to label this one as? It's color seems to match morrison or judith river.

Edited by TheDinosaurKing

Color is typical of the Morrison and Two Medicine Fm.   However I've seen black teeth from the Hell Creek and Judith.  It could be a tyrannosaurid if its Cretaceous.

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

Color is typical of the Morrison and Two Medicine Fm.   However I've seen black teeth from the Hell Creek and Judith.  It could be a tyrannosaurid if its Cretaceous.

What if its jurassic ?