First time on the peace river

Family Fun

I finally booked a tour with Mr. Mazza on the Peace River.  I talked my daughter into driving down from NC, and my sister here in Orlando to make the trip with me.  

Well, we weren’t disappointed in the least.  Between my daughter and I, we found slightly over 500 teeth, not sure how many my sister found yet.  Besides teeth, I found a few horse teeth and one capybara tooth.  

here are just a few of the many treasures found. 

A6DE21EF-ECB3-45F9-A9D7-939F4249FE30.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 3

I love to see good people, come and enjoy my favorite place in the whole , wide world. The Peace River has added tremendously to my joy of living, This has little to do with what I find, more to do, with exercise, friends, nature, sunshine....

I saw Fred last Tuesday, and told him what a wonderful business he had that allowed him to hunt the Peace River many times a week.

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Having my daughter and sister with me all day digging one hole, not more than three feet from each other was tremendous.  Just wish my wife would have been in town, but that will be my next adventure 

I cannot say enough about Mr. Mazza, a true class act.  And the river and what it provides, just amazing.

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Family Fun said:

And the river and what it provides, just amazing.

We're rather pleased with it. ;)

The Peace River can provide a wonderful diversity of fossil finds from terrestrial, fresh-water and marine--all in the same sifting screen! Meg teeth tend to find their way to the tops of many people's fossil wish lists so that is an added bonus. Many Florida members on this forum post regularly about the things they are finding in the Peace so you'll find lots of great information here. When the timing is right we often try to arrange to take out other forum members so they too can experience the wonder of standing in the middle of a river with a sifter and shovel. Happily, there are also several great guides who enjoy sharing this awesome fossil hunting experience.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I Agree 1

I haven’t ID this one yet, not a lack of trying, but one of the mammal fragments my sister pulled up on Saturday.  

B2CB1D58-63C2-4F0B-B905-4388DD8B89FE.jpeg

EDC96221-2A6D-41CD-8116-E0220A0BE37B.jpeg