What type of Shark Tooth?

Ethan J3

Here is a shark tooth I believe I found in peace river (fl) although I don’t really remember. It is about a .8 inch tooth. The reason I’m not sure the type of shark this is is because of its thickness. It reminds me of a bull shark but has an odd shape and is thicker than most teeth I find. Anyone know if this is a bull shark or something else?

3D9B3423-D7FE-4398-B9B3-2F6E4CF2A8D0.jpeg

20569A84-DC86-42D3-A046-65BCB4ED3E6E.jpeg

F994B9FE-6D56-46E0-877A-36CCE6593B30.jpeg

D3E214BC-CC9A-48E2-9A2D-6D7A51743DE4.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

I would say posterior megalodon - very cool find.

• I Agree 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

Yes, posterior Meg.  Unfortunately, water erosion over time can come very close to destroying a fossil.  It is the fat root that eliminates almost everything except Megalodon.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

3 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

Yes, posterior Meg.  Unfortunately, water erosion over time can come very close to destroying a fossil.  It is the fat root that eliminates almost everything except Megalodon.

Wow that is very cool. I knew the posterior ones existed, I just had never seen one. It seems the only megs I can find are miniscule :DOH: