Long Rock Identificarion

SamiCG

I am doubtful this is anything at all.

I itch that being said go easy on me - I am just settling the debate that is it well just a rock

. P. S. Willing to be wrong. 

7F7F481A-EAD4-4D02-8CD5-336367FBAFB1.jpeg  44B94A05-E483-4E8A-A381-B98AEBFCCC6B.jpeg

1819F42C-D73C-4851-A03F-BD23EAE176B1.jpeg  583E00F3-ABEF-46F1-A7B6-C602960309B5.jpeg   20729EC7-494C-4073-B374-95FDF2E20364.jpegB51CB604-D1BB-4D05-B149-8E22CD8D80A7.jpeg

94B30E84-45A0-4013-BEB7-04F9E56E6BA0.jpeg

Well, in the fossil vs rock department this would have to be classified rock I'm afraid. The shape is typical of the rocks that would warrant a stop to check for fossils however. I look for the shapes in glacial deposits that contain rocks that originated in a marine delta.

5 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Well, in the fossil vs rock department this would have to be classified rock I'm afraid. The shape is typical of the rocks that would warrant a stop to check for fossils however. I look for the shapes in glacial deposits that contain rocks that originated in a marine delta.

5 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Rockwood, William g to be wrong makes me right!!  I appreciate you very much!  Have a great weekend!!

2 hours ago, SamiCG said:

William g

Honestly I expected some questioning as to the nature of the small feature (for lack of a better term) that may be an impression. In all fairness to the above mentioned I feel I should ask more about where it was found. Plant fragment crossing a bedding feature should not be easily dismissed. 

Sorry for focusing too heavily on the overall shape here at first.

20 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Honestly I expected some questioning as to the nature of the small feature (for lack of a better term) that may be an impression. In all fairness to the above mentioned I feel I should ask more about where it was found. Plant fragment crossing a bedding feature should not be easily dismissed. 

Sorry for focusing too heavily on the overall shape here at first.

Rockwood, I am the worst at proofreading and spell check is my nemesis. That was supposed to say ‘willing to be wrong’ not William g. That is my ex husbands name too. No slip, spell check is just a brat. :) Yes I thought about digging more about that impression with you. Funny it kinda looks like a duck.  The family member that had me inquire, was swearing it had something to do with sharks(?) and even though Alabama once had beaches about half way up the state, I could not think of a valid argument to disagree with you. I will press them further to see if I can get details other then found in Blount county Alabama. Proof is in the details I try and tell them. But I shouldn’t be such a skeptic either. Lessons learned as an adult hit a bit harder than when you are a kid. If I get any other details I will holler. Thanks!

1 hour ago, SamiCG said:

But I shouldn’t be such a skeptic either. Lessons learned as an adult hit a bit harder than when you are a kid. If I get any other details I will holler. Thanks!

If steel is a bit too hard it can be tempered. Soft steel is forever.