Great day with some good makos!

Northern Neck

Hit the beach hard Saturday with my girlfriend.  Water was choppy which kept them coming in.  My biggest tooth ever was a 1.5 inch mako in Virginia.  Didn't have hopes of finding much with size.  But we brought home 430 total teeth.  All sizes.  During the first 5 mins I looked in the edge of the chop on the water and saw this huge(well it was huge to me) tooth.  Ended up being a 2 inch mako which I assumed Meg at first.   Regardless was thrilled.  After finding alot of smaller teeth(bunches of hemis) I saw another 2.25inch mako just off the water edge.  2 very nice makos within 20 yards of each other.  My back's sore from picking up these.  Only 41 but I feel 89 right now.  A heck of a haul.  Search continues for a Meg.  Have yet to find one.  Getting closer!  Seems I'm stuck on good makos for now.  GF found a very good cow shark tooth and ray Barbs.  

IMG_20210418_201822.jpg

IMG_20210417_114718.jpg

IMG_20210417_145401.jpg

IMG_20210417_145415.jpg

IMG_20210417_145345.jpg

IMG_20210418_200420.jpg

Edited by Northern Neck
Typo
  • Enjoyed 3

Nice finds! Love that Cow shark tooth and those Makos!

Edited by Familyroadtrip

Cow shark is a beautiful piece! Some type of bone on the bottom row that looks like a fish tail. Not sure what that is. We have a ton of bone and others to sort thru now also.  Just perfect conditions and no one on beach at all.  

On 4/18/2021 at 8:46 PM, Northern Neck said:

Cow shark is a beautiful piece! Some type of bone on the bottom row that looks like a fish tail. Not sure what that is. We have a ton of bone and others to sort thru now also.  Just perfect conditions and no one on beach at all.  

Looks like a fish tail bone fossil to me. That’s on my list of hoped for finds from the cliffs. Congrats on a great fossil day!