object in tunnel in flint

val horn

Went to Ruxton England looking for my own mammoth.  Brought home some large rocks instead.  Not sure what to make of the orange inclusion in this piece of flint.   The whole flint is about 3 by 5 inches with multiple rough spotty enclusions   There is significant discussion as to what these flints represent, one concept involves the death and collapse of glass sponges as in:  https://www.flint-paramoudra.com/flint-nodules.html  Is it a dying glass sponge, a worm and worm burrow, or something else entirely.  Help will be appreciated, thanks  

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

It appears to be a mold of something rather than the fossil organism as to what organism I don't know, what is the age of the formation?

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

It's an internal mold of a boring animal but i don't know if it is a worm, a gastropod or a pelecypod. I don't see the features of a sponge and they need space to feed by filtration of water, so, to me that's not one.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg