Tribrachidium - Precambrian

Dimitar

Hello again guys.

Today I walked again on my places, and I payed more attention ot pre-ordovician layer.. Ordovician - as we can see it - it is full of life. But just 1-2 layers below , there is almost nothing. Except Tribrachidium .

This seems to be the main finding that I have, the rest is pretty much mud and nothing else. 

So Tribrachidium:  this look like snail , the snail without andy shell..   And it has 3 brachidiums - 3 internal structures that seems to be symetrical between each other. 

20210424_174219_HDR.jpg

N.1

Edited by Dimitar

These are the 2 speciments that I took today.  The one on the top is better visible as external shape. But the second piece below has a better visibility for the intrenal structure.  In addition - there seems to be 2 Tribrachidiums in the second  piece below. 

20210424_172758_HDR.jpg

N.2

Edited by Dimitar

When I took the speciment - I almost took it from the water. Because it is next to the river and the mud is still wet.   When it dry - it is not that well visible , so I have to put some water on it for better visibility.  

It is visible to be organic and it is below Ordovician. So it may be Cambrian or pre-cambiran. Most likely it should be Cambrian if not early Ordovician. There are some huge blocks below and there are sediments..  The sediments with lot of life that I see are generally Ordovician.. For the sediments bellow that Ordofician rich life level -  I can't tell what time these are, but obviousely these Tribrachidiums are just 2- sediment layers below... It shuld be the time before we see the huge Ordovician variety of life. 

Edited by Dimitar

To show you the layers:  here is the upper layer with a lot more life - Ordovician. The layer with Tribrachidiums was 2-3 layers below, with almost no other visible life except mud. 

layers.jpg

Sorry, i would like to help you but your first photo is too shiny for me and i don't see tribrachidiumae on the others.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

20210424_190947_HDR.jpg

N.3

I am marking the Tribrachidium with blue circles.

disk01.JPG

N.4

disk02.JPG

N.5

Edited by Dimitar

As you see there are 3 of them.. The first one - I have it the external shape, but the inside parts are not well visible - these are more like cristals.

The 2 others stayed in the mud and I have only a cross section of it.. The rest are still in the mud.   These seems to be better preserved the inside.. .  As there is no shell - we may expect these animals were not well preserved , because they decompose unless some special conditions.

See here : these are mirror immages of the both sides, where I broke the rock in the middle.

20210424_174647_HDR.jpg

N.6

Edited by Dimitar

specimen N. 1 from the back side

The  head: 

20210424_224649_HDR.jpg

N.7

(there seems to be 3 such peaces, I have only one of it broken.  

20210424_224732_HDR.jpg

N.8

This view is from the side of the body, where I have the head part broken.

20210424_223903_HDR.jpg

N.9

This is the view from the reverse side.

Edited by Dimitar

With speciment N.2 see the color of the 3 lobes, each lobe has a different color: 

20210424_223253_HDR.jpg

N.10

Edited by Dimitar

Any other suggestions ?   What else could be this animal?  I am thinking  about Trilobozoa.

It is most likely Ordovician,  middle Ordovician.  Doesn't have shell, there are 3 lobes.  It is not a plant, thre are no branches going out from it.

Could be  TRIBRACHIDIUM HERALDICUM.

I am sure there will be more such trilobozoa ("three-lobed animals")  . I've seen such before, but did not pay much attention on those.  I may be able to find a better specimen. 

7 hours ago, Dimitar said:

As you see there are 3 of them.

All I can see are your blue marks and indistinct shapes which leave much to the imagination. As Pirhana has already indicated, Ediacarian Fauna are not exactly common. I'm afraid that you are succumbing to wishful thinking.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

5 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

All I can see are your blue marks and indistinct shapes which leave much to the imagination. As Pirhana has already indicated, Ediacarian Fauna are not exactly common. I'm afraid that you are succumbing to wishful thinking.

Yes, you seems to be right.  I just cleaned it more and polished it on one side - it is like a stone bar.. Havier than the rest, almost twice havier than the rest of the stone. It is not a metal, doesnt seemst to be basalt.  I can easily scratch it. So it could be calcium mixed with some metal.   Thanks for your advise.   I suspect some lava may caused such stone bars to appear.