The hardness of my fossil is over a 5 on the hardness scale because it does cut glass. It's so heavy just for a small chunk, has shale like layers, sorta chalky, and has the most remarkable glittery dust of green copper red gold blue sparkles to it but very small it's best to use a magnifier to get good close up look. It's black in some areas as if it we're magma or from lava flow. What is the glittery part in fossils?

Yes, a picture would be useful, but my first guess at this stage would be chalcopyrite. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I can't get a good pic of the sparkle colors in it. It's so fine so small. I don't have a good enough camera to magnify focus or possibly good enough light. When you turn the rock is when you can catch the different color sparkles in it but I will certainly try to get a pic with a different light or a camera add on so it can focus in close enough. Maybe I'll have someone else take a pic of it with better camera capabilities. to be continued... 

1 hour ago, Crgold36 said:

I can't get a good pic of the sparkle colors in it. It's so fine so small. I don't have a good enough camera to magnify focus or possibly good enough light. When you turn the rock is when you can catch the different color sparkles in it but I will certainly try to get a pic with a different light or a camera add on so it can focus in close enough. Maybe I'll have someone else take a pic of it with better camera capabilities. to be continued... 

if you take a picture even if the sparkle doesn't appear we might be able to tell what kind of rock it is and therefore imagine what it really looks like

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)