Just a normal Ammonite?

Barrett866

Evening everyone, new to the forum and completely new to anything fossil related. 

I've always had an interest in paleontology from a very young age. 

So a family trip to the Jurassic Coast for a week I had to scour the beach for something. I still have tomorrow to go, so any tips on what to look for would be great, I'm staying at Seatown for any locals with information. 

I came across 3 'possibly' interesting things, now I'm sure the first picture is something, however the 2nd and 3rd I'm sure are nothing, just a stone and who knows what else. So any information would be great on my images. Thanks. 

IMG_20210429_144307.jpg

IMG_20210429_165048.jpg

IMG_20210429_165309.jpg

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco.

The first one is an ammonite, the second a rather worn section of an ammonite whorl and the third I don't think s a fossil.

Seatown is a lovely little place and there are fossils to be found there. Keep looking! 

• I Agree 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Just a normal Ammonite?

Welcome to the forum! 

I am very envious. I have always wanted to visit the Jurassic Coast. The Discovering Fossils website for Seatown (Dorset) might help. If you go up the coast a bit to Lyme Regis, you might be lucky enough to find some coprolites (fossil poop). Coprolites often contain interesting fossils - fossils inside fossils - which, in my personal opinion, makes them the best fossils of all. Don't believe me? Check these out