Olistip

Hello and welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place with your question, as we've got some very knowledgeable members on this forum. And while I myself can't help you much with this material, I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to help you out.

The little I can tell you, though, is that the light coloured shell in the last photograph is a gastropod, just as are those circled in red in the photograph below. The ones circled in blue are bivalves, while I think the ones I've circled in purple might be oysters (coincidentally, bivalves too :P). I'm a bit hesitant about them being oysters, though, as the one on the right has a dome-shape that might make it a gastropod, though the remaining shell surface would suggest a regular bivalve.

As to the other pieces, those look like probably pieces of coral and possibly sponge to me, but would need to be cleaned to get a better impression (you could try a diluted vinegar bath - Always Add Acid - on your least interesting piece to see if it cleans up).

shells.thumb.jpg.9ef225199889e367794b2e7e11fdb4fc.jpg

Edited by pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon
  • Thank You 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

35 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

Those look like probably pieces of coral and possibly sponge.

They could be some very worn down peices of Bryzoan.

Edited by fossilhunter21
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

I'm seeing a lot of infilled burrows. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

11 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

I'm seeing a lot of infilled burrows. 

Yeah thats why I wasn't sure if it was Bryzoan or not.