Hi,Everyone please help me to play this game

I have only this pic to answer challenge. 

"What is these teeth" teeth pics from thailand museum.

Hint from museum is "Slime prey"

I don't know some teeth but i think

1.Siamosaurus suteethorni

(Thailand 's spinosauridae)

2.? I think Enchodus teeth

3.Crocodile teeth

4.Tiger teeth?

5.Dolphin teeth

Please help thank you

20210505_234456.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

7 hours ago, Jsuranart said:

What is these teeth

Sorry my mother is a grammar teacher and that sentence is preposterous. "What are these teeth"?

22 minutes ago, Jackson g said:

Sorry my mother is a grammar teacher and that sentence is preposterous. "What are these teeth"?

I'm sure its harder when your first language is probably Thai ;)

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 4

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Just now, Top Trilo said:

I'm sure its harder when your first language is probably Thai ;)

Good old google translate :TongueOut:

I talk to a lot of foreigners (outside the USA) and one thing I've learned the hard way is to communicate clearly. Just a nitpick

Hi,

On 5/6/2021 at 2:14 AM, Jackson g said:

Does good communication dispense with politeness, consideration and benevolence, especially in the face of a stranger ? NO !

To say that this sentence is incorrect would have been more than enough, to say that it is absurd is devaluing and devoid of benevolence. How many Americans do not distinguish between vertebrae and vertebrae, a "battle horse" so dear to @jpc ? In any case, when he intervenes to rectify,he does so with elegance, respect and pedagogy !

Coco

PS : I am French speaking...
Edited by Coco
  • I found this Informative 2
  • I Agree 6

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

38 minutes ago, Coco said:

How many Americans do not distinguish between vertebrae and vertebrae

@Coco At least one. I am an American that doesn't! :heartylaugh:

• Enjoyed 1

@minnbuckeye: 1 point ! :heartylaugh:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

thanks for the nice words, coco.  "battle horse"!    The English is pet peeve.  And no, the word 'peeve' rarely exists without the word 'pet'.  

As for the teeth... I cannot say, but I think the original answers are not bad.  

• Enjoyed 1

On 5/7/2021 at 5:59 AM, Coco said:

Hi,

Does good communication dispense with politeness, consideration and benevolence, especially in the face of a stranger ? NO !

To say that this sentence is incorrect would have been more than enough, to say that it is absurd is devaluing and devoid of benevolence. How many Americans do not distinguish between vertebrae and vertebrae, a "battle horse" so dear to @jpc ? In any case, when he intervenes to rectify,he does so with elegance, respect and pedagogy !

Coco

PS : I am French speaking...

Clearly you can differentiate different languages as can I, but there is no reason to not be educated on the matter. I would not go onto a French forum speaking English, and expect everyone to take the time to translate my message, nor would I leave a half-readible message left in improper grammer.

I have never made this vertebrae mistake you so speak of, why bring this unrelated subject up? If you need to read my post again, you should because the word absurd was never mentioned.

Again, knowledge on a subject can help one's message be clearer.

PS: I could already tell you are a native French speaker by the sentence structure.

Edited by Jackson g

I bit of tolerance and politeness will go much further on this topic.  Please do not escalate any personal commentary.

• I Agree 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Welcome Jsuranart, I cannot say much about any of these teeth except number 1.

If number 1 was found in thailand I can say with a high degree of certainty it is on the baryonychine family.

More information on these and the possible species can be found in the following links.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamosaurus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sao_Khua_Formation

สวัสดี ครับ Jsuranart, and welcome to the forum! Don't let the above unfortunate discussions scare you off, as generally the forum is very laid back and you'll find lots of knowledgable people on this forum.

Unfortunately, though, I don't think I'll be able to help you much more than both jpc and Haravex already did. My personal interest is with marine reptiles of the mesozoic, and I don't see any of those in this set of teeth, though I agree that the first tooth looks a lot like a spinosaurid, and by the looks of its conservation not a UK or Moroccan specimen, so indeed much more likely your local variant, Siamosaurus.

The last tooth looks delphinoid, so may be @Shellseeker or @Boesse may be able to help further it's identification (also very much depends on how specific you want or need to be, of course).

Tooth number 4 appears sub-recent (as does number 5, to be honest) and may very well be a tiger-tooth if sourced locally. However, I think the photograph might be a bit overexposed to the exclusion of the striae that I see on tiger tooth specimens I've been able to find online. Anyway, there's a good likelihood that this tooth does indeed belong to Panthera tigris tigris.

The tooth you identified as crocodile is hard to verify, as a lot of crocodile teeth have striae (ridges/lines) running the height of the tooth and, even in absence thereof, would often have carinae - marginal apicobasal ridges - that help identify crocodile teeth for what they are (there's a good identification guide available here that may be of help)... A sideways view would also greatly have helped. As it is, I think you're probably correct in calling it a crocodile-tooth, though. Wouldn't know the species... May be @Jesuslover340 can confirm your ID.

As to the final tooth: unfortunately can't say anything about that one at all as the photograph, at least for me, is much to unclear. However, Enchodus seems as good a bet for it as any...

Hope this will help you solve your puzzle ;)

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

On 5/5/2021 at 8:14 PM, Jackson g said:

Y'all, don't be like this. English is a difficult language. The only thing preposterous here is the assumption that this is a space reserved only for native English speakers. We should be welcoming to folks from other countries. Such condescension inevitably communicates to people that they're not welcome here.

Maybe I"ll start adding typos on porpose.

Now, onto OP's post:

On 5/5/2021 at 12:57 PM, Jsuranart said:

I have only this pic to answer challenge. 

"What is these teeth" teeth pics from thailand museum.

Hint from museum is "Slime prey"

I don't know some teeth but i think

1.Siamosaurus suteethorni

(Thailand 's spinosauridae)

2.? I think Enchodus teeth

3.Crocodile teeth

4.Tiger teeth?

5.Dolphin teeth

Please help thank you

20210505_234456.jpg

#4 is a bit slender for a Panthera canine, no? Could that be from a different cat (e.g. Neofelis)?

#5 is certainly from a dolphin, and it's quite stout - so my guess would be bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus or perhaps Tursiops aduncas).

• Enjoyed 3
  • Thank You 2
  • I Agree 1