Thoughts on this Spheroolithus egg?

Hello,

I've been after an egg for a while, and this one caught my eye. It's sold as Spheroolithus. 5.5 inch x 4.41 x 2.36

Seller messaged saying it is from Henan Province, China. Being sold by a Taiwan seller--not from China itself.

Apologies for red line--it's blocking the sellers name.

Thanks for the help

2.png

3.jpg

5.jpg

66.jpg

Edited by FF7_Yuffie
  • Thank You 1

Screen shots should also not show the tabs open on your PC. 

Another identifier. ;) 

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

6 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Screen shots should also not show the tabs open on your PC. 

Another identifier. ;) 

Whoops. Good spot. Fixed that one now.

Egg looks real, nice black color.  Like to see more eggshell present.  Do you have a photo of the bottom and its needed because the shape of the egg is odd ( top photo - right side) it comes to a sharp point..is it just compressed or what?

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Egg looks real, nice black color.  Like to see more eggshell present.  Do you have a photo of the bottom and its needed because the shape of the egg is odd ( top photo - right side) it comes to a sharp point..is it just compressed or what?

This is the last batch of pics from the sellers. Hope these are useful. 

Cheers

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

So this egg is compressed which distorted the ends why it looked odd.   Looks like it's all there, missing some eggshell.  I do like the color and preservation the downside is the missing eggshell.

Just now, Troodon said:

So this egg is compressed which distorted the ends why it looked odd.   Looks like it's all there, missing some eggshell.  I do like the color and preservation the downside is the missing eggshell.

Thanks for taking a look. I like the color too--most of these types of eggs seem to be that dull grayish color. Despite the missing eggshell, I will bid for it. I'm hopeful of getting it for a decent price.

Thanks for taking a look.

If your happy with how much shell is present this is a good egg, looks to be well prepped and the shell seems nice a thick not abraded by the elements like some I've seen. My advice if you like it go for it it's real.

• I Agree 1

Yeah, I agree. If you can get this for a good price, it's definitely not a bad specimen: it's got very nice egg shell preservation, which in my opinion is what makes an egg stand out :)

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett