Are these real dinosaur eggshells?

dinosaur man

Assert for bugging everyone with a topic like this, but are these dinosaur eggshells real?  I know some of the photos are extremely blurry but it’s the only ones I have and the seller hasn’t got back to me yet for extra photos.  

6FE43FFF-447B-4A54-ACA3-F823D93DDED6.jpeg

1539B0A0-2D0E-433F-A396-E1CEAF3E8ED8.jpeg

E18BB736-02D4-4B2F-90BE-78F14B019444.jpeg

0BC286DF-613F-4CC5-B1D9-ECFDAB8EF3DE.jpeg

C3EB916D-6894-44EA-AB5D-BB6B5BD17CFC.jpeg

0F31BF01-37BE-4B7D-9C03-567FC8A03CDC.jpeg

Edited by dinosaur man

They have the appearance of dinosaur eggshell. The first pictured looks similar to shell attributed to Oviraptor; but, the piece you show appears to have "pits" on the surface as well as other ornamentation. I have not seen that feature previously. So???? Their place of origin would be the next question I would ask of the seller. My guess (and it is a guess) is that they are from different locales.

• I found this Informative 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

6 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

They have the appearance of dinosaur eggshell. The first pictured looks similar to shell attributed to Oviraptor; but, the piece you show appears to have "pits" on the surface as well as other ornamentation. I have not seen that feature previously. So???? Their place of origin would be the next question I would ask of the seller. My guess (and it is a guess) is that they are from different locales.

Yes they are from different locations, the first is labeled as Troodontid indet. from the Two Medicine Formation.  And thank you for the information!

I know NOTHING about dino material. But doesn't the first pic resemble croc/gator scutes?????

Mike

Thank you everyone for the help!

On 5/9/2021 at 2:46 AM, dinosaur man said:

1539B0A0-2D0E-433F-A396-E1CEAF3E8ED8.jpeg

These are French titanosaur egg shells attributed to Hypselosaurus.

C3EB916D-6894-44EA-AB5D-BB6B5BD17CFC.jpeg

This very much looks like what is typically ascribed to oviraptorids - that is, elongatoolithidae.

0F31BF01-37BE-4B7D-9C03-567FC8A03CDC.jpeg

This looks like a fragment of titanosaur egg shell like the ones from Patagonia, Auca Mahuevo.

As to the other ones, I, unfortunately, wouldn't know...

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett