Some kind of Scute?

CrimsonNight

8 hours ago, CrimsonNight said:

Can someone help me ID this please?

Found in Alafia river

CrimsonNight,

Welcome to TFF,  a fantastic place to learn about fossils,   especially if you plan to hunt Bone Valley. A lot of good and friendly people here.

Get to know this because it is easily the most common fossil found in South Central Florida:  Turtle or more likely based on size Giant Tortoise shell.

https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/florida-vertebrate-fossils/land-mammal-ages/rancholabrean/

The following amphibians and reptiles known from Florida fossils became extinct during or at the end of the late Rancholabrean: the dwarf siren Pseudobranchus robustus, the map turtle Graptemys kerneri, the giant box turtle Terrapene putnami, giant tortoise Hesperotestudo crassiscutata, and small tortoise Hesperotestudo incisa.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

@Shellseeker Thank you. I have been all over the UF website since you posted this. I got too carried away and did not thank you. Sry. :)

4 hours ago, CrimsonNight said:

@Shellseeker Thank you. I have been all over the UF website since you posted this. I got too carried away and did not thank you. Sry. :)

I love that website,  especially since I hunt fossils and personally know many of the people who are making it so excellent. 

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Yup. The thickness make me think along the lines of the giant tortoise Hesperotestudo. Cool find. Haven't hunted the Alafia (yet). ;)

Cheers.

-Ken