How do you display your fossils?

Big Mac boi

So I was wondering what's the best position to display all my fossils so before I buy the equipment to display my fossils I just wanted to see your designs at displaying them

I just use book cases, but you can also use shelves and/or display cabinets. These would be the cheapest ways in my opinoin. And you can even build book cases without much experience in carpentry (this would save a lot of money).

Edited by fossilhunter21
  • I found this Informative 1

My displays are usually a complete mess, but here are two of the shelves that I managed to clean up. Shelves with stands is a good way to go. Riker cases are also very good for displaying materials. 

183893901_330063088717745_2777635032062887876_n.jpg.5dc948082d1cf83c3c68894d0e92bd3c.jpg

184790738_155760953165685_3701891291212133475_n.jpg.c40031f4fb06802830ef7c85e0b8d051.jpg

• Enjoyed 8

• 2 weeks later...

Really depends on what fossils you have and what you want to do with them?  I hang fish onto walls and put other fossils into glass display cabinets and even some just sittin on my office desk. 

RB

DSCN0687.JPG

DSCN1211.JPG

DSCN1814.JPG

DSCN1969.JPG

• Enjoyed 7

• 1 month later...

I did some research on this the last few weeks. I really liked the Riker Cases and they are reasonably priced. My sharkteeth will be stored in them. I plan to lay them out on a dresser or store them in some sort of file cabinet. 

• Enjoyed 1

11 hours ago, paulyb135 said:

I display my collection in rikers 

here are some of my teeth 

Really nice collections! I haven't seen such a large Allosaurus teeth available.... Thank you for sharing your display.

I personally uses Riker case and acrylic stand to display my Megalodon teeth and dino teeth.

• I Agree 1

4 hours ago, TeethCollector said:

Really nice collections! I haven't seen such a large Allosaurus teeth available.... Thank you for sharing your display.

I personally uses Riker case and acrylic stand to display my Megalodon teeth and dino teeth.

Thank you! They are big for allosaurus and the three at the bottom are associates teeth from the same individual 

do you have images of your collection on the forum?

Edited by paulyb135
Amendment

All depends on the environment your in eg: kids, dogs, cats, traffic and the types of fossils you are trying to diaplay.  That will drive :  Display cases versus shelves or open cabinets or something else.

Rikers are great for displaying small shark and dinosaur teeth. They come in different sizes and thickness.  They are also a good way to protect them.   Fossils on plastic stands work and are nice but are more prone to the hazzards of life and can get damaged.  I use everything but its all in a very protected space.

• I found this Informative 3