Possible fossil and fossil,Artifact or natural rock formation

MoRockHunter

Both found in southwest missouri, the larger rock for some reason makes me think of a tooth so I wonder if it could be a piece of a tooth from some huge type of extinct animal but I don't know maybe it's just a rock?

The smaller rock made me think ARTIFACT and man made but because the smaller indentions are smooth but the center circular spot is more rough like broken off from something.....actually after just looking it over again I'm pretty sure it's an artifact but I don't know what it was? Or what it was used for?

Any help identifying these 2 objects would be greatly apprreciated

IMG_20210516_231711325.jpg

IMG_20210516_231620709.jpg

IMG_20210516_231456402.jpg

IMG_20210516_231629790.jpg

Pretty sure those aren't artifacts and the indentations aren't man made. Thinking geological or maybe impressions at least on the smaller one. Not sure about the big one 

Thank you, the bigger one I didn't think of as an artifact, the smaller one I did and just because of the circular indentions that are smooth and the smooth rounded edge but the big circular indention was rough and chunky and that was......I don't know I just know that it is an odd looking rock and I look at a lot of rocks.

Thanks again.

Josh

I'm a rock hound also, but I'm no expert so don't conclude until you get ID from one, and they will be able to better explain what your seeing. 

This looks like molds of concretion which has weathered away. Iron minerals such as limonite and siderite are often involved as concretion in these cases.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

I agree with Rockwood. By the way, a more precise description of the location of the exposure and how it was found (directly out of the rock formation or stray find) can narrow down the identity. But you should already know this according to your post count.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/