Support Your Local Natural History Museum!

Crusty_Crab

I'd wager that most of us here have found our passion because of our local natural history museum. I know I did, ever since I was a child and visited the LA County Natural History Museum frequently. COVID-19 has proved a profound challenge to our beloved local institutions. A large part of their revenues have come from museum visits, which has not been possible during the current pandemic. Vaccines are available and museums have gradually begun to reopen, but the need remains. Our museums need our support now as ever before. In that spirit, I'm going to donate $200 to the Los Angeles County Natural History Museum Invertebrate Paleontology section.  I'd also like to encourage anyone else to make a donation to their own local museums. Let's make sure these institutions are around for our children and grandchildren!

Edited by Crusty_Crab
  • Enjoyed 7
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 3

Great idea @Crusty_Crab!

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Bravo for this happy initiative, the idea and action are  generous, and it stimulates me to look for an idea of means to implement to support a small local museum of geology managed on a voluntary basis.

thank you for your generosity towards this museum

9 hours ago, Coco said:

Great idea @Crusty_Crab!

Coco

8 hours ago, marguy said:

Bravo for this happy initiative, the idea and action are  generous, and it stimulates me to look for an idea of means to implement to support a small local museum of geology managed on a voluntary basis.

thank you for your generosity towards this museum

Thanks! Your local geology museum sounds like a worthy cause.

Kudos @Crusty_Crab

Although we do not permit fundraising for venues outside of TFF, I think it's commendable that we support all our natural history museums by choice and within our means.

• I Agree 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ