A battered Triceratops horn

Hi,

Now, this is the worst for wear, but if it is as described, I figure it's my best chance to get a triceratops horn for a price that is in my budget---since I've seen full ones go for thousands, I'd never afford one.. And even though it's a bit battered, it seems repairable to a degree---the top part seems like it can repaired, as does the bit connecting to the skull, but it is missing a chunk of the middle section unfortunately. I

So, is it as described--a Triceratops horn, or something else that resembled a horn? It was found in Western South Dakota, Hell Creek. Described as a horn with a part of the skull attached. One piece is wrapped as it is fragile (guess I'd need something to strengthen it if I buy it).

I am guessing since it has been left in a piecemeal condition, I don't have to worry about hidden restoration with this one. To my eye, it does seem like the bits are all from the same trike and all seem like they'd largely fit together--albeit with a few bits missing.

It also comes with a bowl of small pieces from the same horn, which I'm guessing account for some of the missing sections.

Thanks for the help

1.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

It does look like a ceratopsian horn.   Probably a Triceratops sp. but no way to confirm that.  

• Thank You 1

Thanks,

I'll go for it. I'll give it ceratopsian label rather than be more specific.