Last year @jdp was kind enough to identify the tiny and jumbled skeleton I found in a concretion in eastern Illinois http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/107472-mysterious-jumble-inside-pennsylvanian-concretion/ as a lysorophian tetrapod and direct me to the Field Museum in Chicago as a possible repository for it. This month I finally completed the donation and it has been added to their collection, a fantastic event for someone who has been visiting the museum for more than 30 years to gaze in wonder at their world-class collection. Thank you again to @jdp and The Fossil Forum for making this possible!

FA12056C-0ECD-4A3E-8C5C-BC281FA8C748.thumb.jpeg.bc67670c296958fbc05390807cf9067f.jpeg

0704232C-7E91-43D2-A668-AA32DB6F0B4F.thumb.jpeg.8887e1f41177c0cfbea49d88f162b56d.jpeg

• I found this Informative 12
  • Enjoyed 4

Excellent!

Thanks for doing your part to further science! 

Well done, Sir!   :tiphat:

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

@deutscheben 

Congratulations on your discovery and finding researchers interested in it!

• Thank You 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@deutscheben 

Congratulations on your discovery and finding researchers interested in it!

well the latter part is thanks to you wonderful people and your wonderful forum! ;)

Awesome find! Way to go on the donation! :default_clap2:

• Thank You 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

3 hours ago, jdp said:

well the latter part is thanks to you wonderful people and your wonderful forum! ;)

Your participation is part of what makes it as good as it is.  

:fistbump:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thanks everyone! I'm very excited for it to be studied, it looks like there might be more hidden beneath the surface. Now I just have to get out there and start looking for the next find. :-) 

• Enjoyed 1

Excellent find and donation, @deutscheben!!! :yay-smiley-1:

(And how awesome that you were able to donate it to such a prestigious institution as the Field Museum - WOW!!!)

• Thank You 1

• 1 year later...

I have a very interesting update for this donation- after being scanned at the Field Museum, it was discovered that this concretion actually contains a well-preserved ophiuroid, or brittle star, instead of a tetrapod. It should still prove to be important due to the rarity of articulated specimens and the unusual preservation. Isn’t science fascinating?

• I found this Informative 2