Yorkshire Bone(s?)

Calli99

Hello, I found these pieces a few weeks ago at Saltwick Bay in Yorkshire. The first one is obviously bone and I assume its ichthyosaur, but bone isn't really my forte so I hope that someone else may be able to confirm this or provide an ID. It also has a kind of stone cap on the flat end, anyone got ideas on how to remove that?

The second piece I'm not too sure about. The shape is suggestive to me and there are bits that seem somewhat bony in texture, but as I said, I'm not sure. 

IMG_0597.thumb.jpeg.92f338b9440f100893608fb4bc6f3909.jpeg

IMG_5737.jpeg

IMG_5743.jpeg

IMG_5738.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_5740.jpeg

IMG_0596.jpeg

IMG_5739.jpeg

IMG_5742.jpeg

IMG_5741.jpeg

Edited by Calli99

The first bone doesn't seem to have enough identifying features, so unless Ichthyosaurs are the only large vertebrates in that locality, I don't know if you can assign it. Someone else more familiar with the area will be able to say for sure. For the "stony cap," I think that's just part of the contact surface of a joint. I'm not seeing any bone in the second item.

• I found this Informative 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff