Dinosaur young and eggs display

dinosaur man

I’ve been working on a display centred around dinosaur eggs and fossils of young dinosaurs.  I’ve so far gained quite a bit and have some more fossils on the way for the display.  I will work on getting photos of the individuals pieces for now I’ll leave everyone off with the whole display currently.  I will update this as time goes on.

9E306EF9-DFA1-4A16-A431-4EA072F24E6D.jpeg

• Enjoyed 7

Nice start..

FYI, your eggshells identified as Hypselosaurus after decades being called that are now identified as megaloolithus sp.   Hypselosaurus is considered dubious by some.

The ornamentation on your Oviraptorid eggshells appear mixed they might be from different taxons

What about the teeth?

• I found this Informative 1

5 hours ago, Troodon said:

Nice start..

FYI, your eggshells identified as Hypselosaurus after decades being called that are now identified as megaloolithus sp.   Hypselosaurus is considered dubious by some.

The ornamentation on your Oviraptorid eggshells appear mixed tgey might be from different taxons

What about the teeth?

Thank you for the information, the left tooth is from a baby Diplodocus sp. from the Bone Cabin Quarry in the Morrison Formation of Wyoming.  And the second tooth is from a juvenile Tyrannosaur from the Judith River Formation (don’t have more locality information on this one)

6 hours ago, JamieLynn said:

very nice!! 

Thank you :)

Edited by dinosaur man

44 minutes ago, JoeS said:

cool idea for a display!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Troodon said:

Nice start..

The ornamentation on your Oviraptorid eggshells appear mixed tgey might be from different taxons

What about the teeth?

I have often seen material for sale listed as 

Hypselosaurus - France 

Megaloolithus - Spain 

And I also have some of the Oviraptor material. And now that I have a closer look, each piece has a different texture ! 

0A403CDE-E293-4BB9-A434-DE300547B51D.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png MotM August 2023 - Eclectic Collector

13 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I have often seen material for sale listed as 

Hypselosaurus - France 

Megaloolithus - Spain 

And I also have some of the Oviraptor material. And now that I have a closer look, each piece has a different texture ! 

Identification of dinosaur eggs is based on a number of factors including ornamentation and locality.   

New Addition!

A juvenile Suchomimus tenerensis tooth from the Elrhaz Formation of Gadoufaoua Niger.

5817BDE4-5B88-4371-A4E1-2FDE77EC90A4.jpeg

• Enjoyed 4

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s the finished display so far, I got three more eggshells, note I will continue to add and update but for now it’s finished.  If I have any identification errors or other errors  I’d appreciate any corrections. @Troodon

1. Juvenile Suchomimus tenerensis tooth from the Elrhaz Formation of Gadoufaoua Niger

2. Juvenile Tyrannosaurid indet. tooth from the Judith River Formation of Central Montana 

3. Baby Diplodocus sp. tooth from the Morrison Formation of Bone Cabin Quarry Wyoming 

4. Hadrosaur indet. eggshells from the Hekou Formation of Jiangxi China

5. Megaloolithid indet. from the Argiles et Grès à Reptiles Formation of Aix Basin, Provence France

6. Oviraptor spp. eggshells from the Nanxiong Formation of Guangdong China

7. Megaloolithus sp. eggshell from the Argiles et Grès à Reptiles Formation of Aix Basin, Provence France 

8. Megaloolithus siruguei eggshells from the Tremp Formation of Burgos Spain

9.  Megaloolithus sp. eggshell from the Allen Formation of Neuquén Basin Argentina 

38F9D827-8704-464E-94B7-D696D0EFB2AE.jpeg

Edited by dinosaur man
  • Enjoyed 3