Is this anything?

Dandare

Good evening, my son found this last weekend on Mappleton beach. He was originally interested in the crystal formation on the side and the "dragon eggs". 

I did grab the attention of a passing fossil hunter who suggested it may contain an ammonite and needed some more professional attention than I could give it, but my son didn't want to leave it. 

As you can see it is around 35cm diameter and 10cm deep, it weighs slightly less than 5 stone. 

Any help or information would be much appreciated. 

20210524_201306.jpg

20210524_201217.jpg

20210524_201212.jpg

20210524_201157.jpg

20210524_201153.jpg

20210524_201149.jpg

20210524_201140.jpg

Welcome to the forum. This is an example of a septarian concretion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concretion#Septarian_concretions

The crystal formation is usually calcite. While other types of concretions do sometimes contain fossils I've personally never known a septarian concretion or one with such calcite formation to have fossils. They are beautiful as is though.

• I Agree 4

Thanks, what would be a good thing to do with it? I was thinking about getting it sliced in half. 

8 minutes ago, Dandare said:

Thanks, what would be a good thing to do with it? I was thinking about getting it sliced in half. 

That could work. I've seen some really nice sliced and polished pieces. I've seen nice looking bookends made from them as well. It also looks good as is (to me) so whatever is your preference.

Thanks very much for your reply, will have a think about what I can do with it. I think the kids would like to see what is inside it.