Indonesian Mammal Fossils

BellamyBlake

Hi everyone,

I have here two fossils I was offered from Java, Indonesia. The seller does not know what they are. They look like deer antler to me; I'd like to be sure. 8-9 cm each. I'd appreciate any help

Thank you,

Bellamy

186581525_2595721194067448_6863039755206642261_n.jpg

1 hour ago, BellamyBlake said:

They look like deer antler to me;

Not sure that is any deer antler I've observed, but they look like they have seen the business end of a polishing wheel . What does the less funky one (on the left) look like on the 'broken' end. That is the only one that looks like the broken end of what may have once been a tusk. More shots would help of both. 

I'd stay away from that composited object on the right ==>  Not sure what that is supposed to be. I'd say an art piece, but I haven't seen everything coming out of that area. They look too squeaky clean. 

Cheers,

Brett

Edited by Brett Breakin' Rocks
  • I found this Informative 1

45 minutes ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Not sure that is any deer antler I've observed, but they look like they have seen the business end of a polishing wheel . What does the less funky one (on the left) look like on the 'broken' end. That is the only one that looks like the broken end of what may have once been a tusk. More shots would help of both. 

I'd stay away from that composited object on the right ==>  Not sure what that is supposed to be. I'd say an art piece, but I haven't seen everything coming out of that area. They look too squeaky clean. 

Cheers,

Brett

Thank you! I'll try to get a photograph of the broken end of the one on the left. This really is risk free because they're tossing them in free for a deal already being made. I'm purely curious, and another aspect of this is that I don't want to mess with anything modern so it would help to know beforehand