pefty

This Missourian is headed out to the Late Devonian of western New York state and Pennsylvania this coming week and hoping for a little help from y'all on localities for eurypterids and the sponge Hydnoceras. Are Clarke's (1920) Hydnoceras localities at Brown Hill (near Cohocton, NY) and Irish Hill (near Bath, NY) still productive and accessible? Are Ehlers' (1935) eurypterid localities at Bush Hill (near Smethport, PA)? Or are there other spots I should be checking out? I understand that the Trimmers Rock Formation in the vicinity of Bloomsburg, PA, is also worth a look for eurypterids, but I don't have any pinpoints mapped.

If you're local to the area and want to show me the way yourself, I'll gladly bring you some Missouri crinoids :)

Thanks in advance . . .

Edited by pefty

Sorry I can't  offer suggestions. But I have a question. Is your avatar a Ophiletina angularis gastropod from the Platteville? 

Mike

I am from the Bath/Hammondsport area. I am not sure of fossils but be careful as eastern rattlesnakes have become more prevalent and black bears also. Any place south of Bath, including Mossy Bank Park, has rattle dens. Just an fyi.

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

Sorry I can't  offer suggestions. But I have a question. Is your avatar a Ophiletina angularis gastropod from the Platteville? 

Mike

Close! A squashed Phragmolites from the Decorah.

• Thank You 1