Sclerocephalus häuseri(?) from the Permian

FossilTime

Can anyone confirm this temnospondyl amphibian is Sclerocephalus häuseri?

Thanks in advance.

Unprepared about 70 to 80% complete fossil from the Permian of Germany. 

Geological Time Scale

Eon: Phanerozoic
Era: Paleozoic
Period: Permian
Sub Period: None
Epoch: Early

Stratigraphy

Glan Group
Meisenheim Formation
Odernheimer and Jeckenbacher Subformations

Biostratigraphy

Odernheimer Bank, Humberg Bank, Jeckenbacher Bank

20210526_184136.jpg

20210526_184158.jpg

20210526_184233.jpg

20210526_185417.jpg

Hi Fossil time welcome to the forum 

Im not sure if your specimen is Sclerocephalus häuseri

but on doing some digging I have found that the genus Sclerocephalus seems to be the predominant one found in the units and formation you mentioned,  however I did find an interesting paper that may help you to reach a conclusion 

https://fr.copernicus.org/articles/24/49/2021/

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

"A man who stares at a rock must have a lot on his mind... or nothing at all'

Could be a Sclerocephalus, but the skullcap would have to be preserved for an accurate determination. Is this a transfer specimen? If not, perhaps the fossil could be re-embedded and prepared from the underside. In the present condition a clear determination is hardly possible. 

• Thank You 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

I agree with oilshales assessment  , his knowledge of tetrapods is far superior to mine 

In fact a good look at his gallery of finds  and previous posts would help you also

And maybe I should have tagged him in on my reply 

"A man who stares at a rock must have a lot on his mind... or nothing at all'

40 years ago I dug from time to time in Odernheim and surroundings, but I would never call myself an expert for Odernheim and I never had much idea about tetrapods. The tetrapods from there are difficult to distinguish - often a species is assigned only by size and location. 

Sclerocephalus is by far the most common of the "large" tetrapods from there - it is very likely that it is a Sclerocephalus.

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Bone texture is not consistent with Sclerocephalus. I wonder if this is a micromelerpetid.

• Thank You 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. As far as I can tell under my binoc scope this is not a transfer fossil or at least I don't see any resin or sealant. However, I would benefit from hitting it with UV to see better and can do that.  I think given the entirety of comments I will label it: 

Sclerocephalus(?) sp. For my personal collection. Open to additional ideas, however.