May 27, 2021 Peace River unknown

Sacha

I wondered if there were enough characteristics left on this very worn molar to identify who it belongs to. From the Peace River, Zolfo Springs area. Appreciate the time.

DSCF2009.thumb.jpg.f257d50da679554225717a1a1ae0df56.jpgDSCF2010.thumb.jpg.ca8f9b839f3cb77a8d8301b2e215062c.jpg

Nice little find Sacha. How did Zolfo look? I bet it's super low. I don't think I have ever been to Zolfo when it's this low. Close, but not quite.

1 hour ago, Harry Pristis said:

I think it is too complex to be Mylohyus.  That leaves Sus.

pig_sus_scrofa_m2_m3.thumb.JPG.b6876ed84b01f9c761fa4d5b2142aea7.JPG

Thanks Harry. I appreciate your taking a look.

1 hour ago, Bone Daddy said:

Nice little find Sacha. How did Zolfo look? I bet it's super low. I don't think I have ever been to Zolfo when it's this low. Close, but not quite.

Zolfo is low and nasty, but still running just above 4 feet at the gage. Lowest I've ever seen it was 3.39 feet in 2012. Upstream of the bridge still has lots of room to drop, but the bridge itself is really choked with sand. Based on the prediction, I don't think we'll make it into the 3's this year. 

But just as an aside, isn't it nice to have a May without "Love Bugs"? My 2 1/2 hour drive home is allot nicer since I can see out of my windshield!

Edited by Sacha