Trilobite; Eldredgeops

Chris33

Is there anyone in Ontario that can direct me how to better expose more of this fossil or who I can pay and mail it to for revealing more of the body of this guy? Please? I suspect he’s almost curled ATM and the bottom of the rock is his back with a lot of magiexi between his and his mouth and covering him completely. Is it even possible to expose more of his body/limbs? 

B16BAB5F-9A2E-49A5-8F42-F08E38D639EC.jpeg

F7EDFA11-C153-4283-A3A8-56B725C1F63C.jpeg

E85FFB82-A33F-4C9B-B639-46BA0A74BB10.jpeg

Edited by Chris33
Uploaded other photo

I think this one is just a cephalon. I would expect to see the occipital ring as the beginning of any curvature. Perhaps show an image of the underside where you suspect the pygidium may be.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Would it even be possible for someone with the right tools to chip away at the matrix and reveal more ? Or is it often just detrimental to the fossil…hoping to mail it to someone and pay to have it cleaned up. I’m in Ontario. 

Yes, it would be possible to give this some air abrasion to reveal more. Myself and a few others do this kind of work with our field finds. Unfortunately, we cannot solicit services on the forum. Perhaps you and I will bump into the field and I can have an in-hand look and possibly give it the proper treatment in the lab (I've prepared quite a few Eldredgeops in my time :D ). I wouldn't charge a penny to help out, but my instincts say it will just be a cephalon in the end. 

Tell me more about the location of the find (I don't need specific coordinates!) just so I have a sense of the type of matrix this would be. 

Hey brother, hope we can meet for wings! I didn’t realize we can’t solicit in the forum I apologize. I haven’t been easy but I’m the son of a widow. It was found in hungry hollow. I should give you my number….

It's all good. :) 

Sorry to hear about your situation, though. 

Feel free to PM me contact details, and maybe we can meet up this summer at Arkona. :hammer01: Then I can give this little guy some treatment, free of charge. :) 

• Enjoyed 1

You are in good hands with Kane. The fossil being from Arkona from my past experience is likely just a cephalon and based on the matrix would only take a few minutes to clean up for you. I am in Mississauga and would also have done it for you pro bono as well. Kane has lots of experience and good tools and will do a great job for you.

If you meet up with him you will find him very knowledgeable.....just leave some fossils for the rest of us.....

Ya never know if I ever get my 2nd shot I might just make it down to collect myself. I have been known to collect a few fossils with Kane from time to time.

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Trilobite; Eldredgeops