Ice Age Vertebra fossil found - What Is it from?

2Legit2Quitt

I found this fossil in Eastern WA (Pasco, WA, Benton County) in areas of the flood basin near the white bluffs in the hills along the Columbia river. It's from the Ice Age as my father who is a geologist said thats the era it's from with the layer of earth, and he was thinking it would be maybe from a camelops, bison, giant sloth or some other medium sized animal. But as I was looking at pictures of bones of these animals I couldn't figure it out. None of the vertebre seem to match this one.

I'd love help ID-ing this fossil vertebra please. If you need better images please let me know, I've used a ruler in some of the pictures. 

fossil-1.jpg fossil-2.jpg

fossil-3.jpg fossil-4.jpg

fossil-5.jpg fossil-6.jpg

fossil-7.jpg fossil-8.jpg

fossil-9.jpg fossil-10.jpg

fossil-11.jpg fossil-12.jpg

fossil-13.jpg fossil-14.jpg

fossil-15.jpg fossil-16.jpg

fossil-17.jpg fossil-18.jpg

fossil-19.jpg fossil-20.jpg

fossil-21.jpg fossil-22.jpg

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Ice Age Vertebra fossil found - What Is it from?

It would appear to be a partial cervical vertebra. I’m no authority on Pleistocene mammals in your area, but based on the relatively long length of it (if it were complete), I would think Camelops  would be a good starting point. I’m pretty certain it is not from bison, ground sloth, or anything like that. Think something with a relatively long neck. I googled Camelops vertebrae and saw one that looks similar, especially the long articulating process (I forget the technical term) seen in the lower right in the second picture. 

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Thank you so much, now that I'm looking I think you're right - it absolutely could be a camelops fossil. Thank you!