Looks like an egg pod?

Neptune5211

I found this peculiar looking formation while rock hunting. It was wearing a coat of minerals and resembled all the other rocks in the area, however, the shape was slightly different than all the other rocks so I picked it up and brought it home.

I used a bench grinder  on one side to see if maybe it was gold ore. Once I held it on the grinder for a small amount of time, I realized it wasn't any rock I've seen here in Washington state . I've been using a soft but some brush on it, removing the black that's between what appears to be bones.

I'm not sure really what it is. It's been quite a conversation piece among myself and my company friends and coworkers. I do hope it's a fossil of course, an egg pot will be really cool. However if it's not, I'm very sorry for wasting your time, and I do appreciate you reading this and helping me figure out what it is.

I was referred to you by Google lens just to let you know, and thank you.

Edited by Fossildude19
Punctuation

sorry, just a rock.

• I Agree 2

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

I agree it isn't bone or fossil. I suspect it may be really mature volcanic material which was originally tuff or glass.

• I Agree 1