Kurt Komoda

Drove down from Jersey to Douglas Point on Tuesday. Only my second time there, and I was worried that I'd make the 4 hour drive and it'd be crowded. Only one car when I got there around 1pm, and another pulled up as I was unpacking my gear. The narrow beach was pretty much open as the first vehicle was a family wayyy down over to the left playing in the water with a raft and the other was a lone fossil hunter hand searching the tide debris line. Beautiful day and I guess my take was pretty much around average for the site. I'm quite fine with that and I look forward to returning. 

3M8A3126.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

Moving to the north (right, when you come out onto the beach) the cliffs made me a bit nervous so I stayed away. Some of those trees have their entire trunks hanging out over the ledge. I'd be surprised if they haven't fallen by the time I return.

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 4

Nice finds, Kurt!

Thanks for sharing your hunt. :) 

• Enjoyed 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

2 hours ago, Searcher78 said:

Nice croc tooth and isurolamna inflata. 

Thanks for the i.d.'s!

Looks like a beautiful day! That’s a pretty good sized Striatolamia striata for the site.

• I Agree 1

17 hours ago, bthemoose said:

Looks like a beautiful day! That’s a pretty good sized Striatolamia striata for the site.

Yeah, I was happy to find it. Thought I saw something tumbling in the surf and- I dunno what you call it- sifter-sniped it. Threw my drag-sifter tool in the general area and prayed I'd catch whatever it was. Only been doing this for a few years now, and I still don't have the eye that some of you have. Like the veteran hunter I met on my second trip to Brownie's, back in 2017, who was just picking them up where I was standing while explaining his technique of watching the incoming surf for the characteristic tumbling motion. Someday, maybe.