Air tool connector question

RandyB

Cards on the table I don't know much of anything about air tools.  I have had a CP9361 scribe for a while which came with a type M air fitting. I was recently gifted a new Fossil Shack scribe that came with a type Q air fitting.  Is there a universal quick connect that can work with both or a splitter I could put on the compressor with both types of connections. I have tried talking to a couple of local warehouse store workers about it to no avail so I figured I would take a shot and ask here.

Top is from the CP9361, bottom is from fossil shack. I could replace the fitting on the CP9461 to match since that one at least comes apart.

20210630_130626.thumb.jpg.c0a8e72b8f0abc62a5afedb1e4f586f1.jpg

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated 

I think your best bet will be to remove the British quick connect, find a metric to imperial adapter (if needed, I can only assume its not a standard NPS thread) and then put an M style connector on that.

Edit- Oops I was think of the wrong company, this is out of Utah, correct?  In that case, all you should need to do it swap the quick connects.  It looks like there might be a difference in hose end-thread size, so you might need to look for a 1/4" M style with a smaller female fitting than the standard 1/4"

Edited by hadrosauridae

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin