Shellseeker

Last night about 5:30 pm, I got a call from a very good friend. He said that he and others were going land hunting for Great Whites !!! Was I interested .... Do bears....?

So I considered the outlook: Drive at high rates of speed sometimes in driving rain for 90 minutes to reach the hunting site. Weather predicted as Thunder and Lightening with driving rains that was sure to raise puddle and make sucking mud that would reach my knees.  :headscratch:Perfect !!!!:thumbsu:

I scrambled to get my gear (halogen head lamps, scuba boots, light wetsuit for the mosquitos, etc while my understanding spouse made a thermos of coffee and 2 ham & cheese sandwiches.  Time from phone call to turning over engine in my pickup === 7 minutes flat.

Did any of us get a GW?  No, but plenty of Makos, small shark teeth, a seal canine, whale fossils including verts, earbones, and even a broken tooth (likely Kogiopsis) and Megs ... none perfect but a number mostly whole. Was it fun ??  You betcha !!! Playing in deep mud with good friends is a joy and brings back happy memories from my youth.

I do not have photos of their finds... do you take photos when there are lightening flashes after deep thunder in the shies above?

Here are my keepers..... A piece of fossil vine/wood ?? a few small shark teeth, and some bits and pieces of whale.... and Oh,  a gift from one of those very good friends.  He knows I like whale and he saves some unique finds for me... This one came from the location...

Good friends... good memories.

IMG_0860E.thumb.jpg.88e91e52481d32b575667d79c9fe99a8.jpg

So, what is it?

Capture1.JPG.ad1d8b0d11e3402a96d2362d50fa851f.JPG

Might be Balaenoptera sursiplana

Balaenoptera_sursiplana.JPG.9e9beb957b1abe01412a981195f95496.JPG

• I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 7

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Land Sharks! Fun report! Thanks for sharing the adventure.

• I found this Informative 1

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

It's the law of the 3 Fs, fossilis, friends and forecast. As long as 2 out of 3 are good, you're probably having some fun.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Liked the report. The experiences are better than the fossils sometimes

Amazing clarity on the photos, btw. What do you take your photos with ( please don’t say a camera lol)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

nice finds Jack! glad u all were able to get out! Awesome hearing apparati!

Regards,Chris

• Thank You 1

6 hours ago, hemipristis said:

Liked the report. The experiences are better than the fossils sometimes

Amazing clarity on the photos, btw. What do you take your photos with ( please don’t say a camera lol)

iphone 12, backup to the Apple cloud, downloaded to Windows 10, a free photo app called Irfanview to crop, sharpen the image and adjust the colors.

I work hard to make sure you see what I see. :SlapHands:

Edited by Shellseeker
  • Enjoyed 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"