Are these a fossils?

Lindzp

The second photograph is a gastropod if I'm not mistaken. Can't make out anything else in the others however I am not well versed in invertebrate like some of our more established members are.

The second one I believe might be Turritella

• I Agree 1

Would you want me to send other pics of them? I have no clue what would help identify any of it lol

I'd go concretion, gastropod internal mold, and I'm leaning towards just rock for the third although there might be something within.

I don't think other pics will help with the gastropod. Internal molds are usually tough to ID unless you have specific literature on the site and even then it isn't always 100%. What might help is if you can look up the age or formation of the location where the gastropod is found. How was the gastropod found? Was it among bedrock, in a stream bed, riprap, etc. A geologic map won't help if the material was brought in from elsewhere.

I'd start by looking at this map. https://dnr.mo.gov/geology/documents/2017-statewide-geologic-map.pdf

• I Agree 2

They were found on my parents property in a revine/gully that runs down into a pond with heavy rain. It's all been there to my knowledge (not brought in from else where) it wasn't buried just happen to see it as we were walking. Roughly the circle area is general vicinity. This county is made up of a lot of rock! Lol close to the location where this was is a huge flattish rock embedded in the ground. I new to this whole thing so with the map what am I looking for with to know formation age etc? 

Screenshot_20210703-150550_Drive.jpg

I agree with the others, the area you circled is Early Ordovician so 470-486ish million years old. Nice gastropod I like the way its spiraled

Edited by Top Trilo

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

The age rules out Turritella if it is Ordovician. The dark brown is the Roubidoux Formation. The light brown (ocj) comprises the Smithville Dolomite, the Powell Dolomite, Cotter Dolomite, and the Jefferson City Dolomite.

The paleontology of the Roubidoux has been classified before. https://share.mo.gov/nr/mgs/MGSData/Books/Volumes/Stratigraphy and Paleontology of the Roubidoux Sucession in Missouri/V-035.pdf

I just skimmed it but the only high-spired gastropod that appears in the plates is Hormotoma gracilis. Hormotoma gracilis has more stout whorls than yours from what I've seen in my specimens as well as other pictures. Yours also seems a bit large for it.

A quick cursory search of the of the other formations didn't turn up anything readily but that doesn't mean there isn't published information. There's also the possibility it isn't reported from these at all. Someone more versed in Ordovician Gastropoda might be able to help as well.

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you very much! I'll try looking some of this info up. Is it very likely that there are more fossils in this area where these were found?