Fossil spots near DeLand Florida

Zorif

I'm visiting DeLand for a week and a half, and really want to find a spot to search for fossils or shark teeth, haven't found many online and I know people have their own secret spots. Pm me locations if you don't want to share them publicly guys, I am only hand searching with a few family members. I am willing to drive a couple hours to spend a day hunting fossils

The timing is unfortunate. Rivers will be high due to the rain the last couple weeks and the passing of Elsa. Yankeetown spoil islands would work, but you would need to rent kayaks. Don't know what else I would suggest.

You could also try micklers point up towards Jacksonville.  I’ve had a little luck finding a few nice teeth there in the past.  Nothing super nice, but a few dozen teeth each trip. 

40 minutes ago, Family Fun said:

I said micklers point, it’s Micklers landing.  Not a bad run up I-95 from Deland

Yeah, this is beach hunting and I've only tried it once with poor results but still an option if the weather is nice. Get there early though.

1 hour ago, Family Fun said:

I said micklers point, it’s Micklers landing.  Not a bad run up I-95 from Deland

Thanks, I'll probably try this spot.