Hello everyone,

I hope im posting in the right topic section, if not please guide me

Im looking at a Suchomimus Tooth for myself im a new collector. I found one that looks really cool , A bit Ivory-like patina.

I found out that most of them are much darker. So my only fear was: is this a Suchomimus tooth or not?

Please find some images of it bellow.

The tooth measures 50mm (5cm or 1.96 inch)

its found at Gadoufaoua, Téneré Desert, Niger

Thanks for your guidance 

Best,

Phos_01

ebeb60aa-c25b-4c38-a61c-5db6e1225a10-2.jpg

2cc0a0ac-8fe2-44da-81c2-190316d35f56.jpg

9d3b777e-40ce-4a47-9316-9c6e40bc9336.jpg

ebeb60aa-c25b-4c38-a61c-5db6e1225a10.jpg

e62f99ea-98f6-45ba-bab0-9c61be808239.jpg

Color is not a characteristic that is used to identify teeth.  A solid provenance is most important and reliability of sellers info.  The tooth looks like a Suchomimus tooth but the diagnostic feature is some dentulation on the carina. Cannot determine from the photos provided so its indeterminate.

• I found this Informative 2

Thats a crocodile tooth, I'm going to do a video on how to avoid being mis sold these teeth, as I've seen too many now.

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

Color is not a characteristic that is used to identify teeth.  A solid provenance is most important and reliability of sellers info.  The tooth looks like a Suchomimus tooth but the diagnostic feature is some dentulation on the carina. Cannot determine from the photos provided so its indeterminate.

Hmm its online trough an Auction, they only added these pictures. 
So not without a Risk if I read this. I can provide A link but I think it's not allowed

15 minutes ago, Haravex said:

Thats a crocodile tooth, I'm going to do a video on how to avoid being mis sold these teeth, as I've seen too many now.

Really ? snarge ,thats not what I want. Please share the video, thanks for the heads up 

No links, but in the photos provided I see no dentulations on the carina which would default it to Croc.  Just wanted to make sure with closups.  The two distal facing carinae also points to croc.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Phos_01 said:

So not without a Risk if I read this. I can provide A link but I think it's not allowed

As Frank mentioned, please remember no links, ad copy, or identification of a seller.  Thanks.  ;)

• I Agree 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ