Do you see what I see?

Rocksmakemehappy

Hello everyone, I am hopeful that I can get some information about this rock/fossil.

I see quite a few different shapes in this guy here, but I need to make sure that my imagination is not running away with me.

I don’t know if I should keep trying to brush clean, to show what I believe is the fossil.

or continue. My Indian artifacts consume a lot of spare time, and space enough as it is.

but now this guy got me really intrigued.

thanks in advanced everyone.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. 

Unfortunately, all I am seeing here is a piece of chert. 

Not seeing anything fossil -ish about it.   :( 

Keep looking, though. 

• I Agree 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thank you for your response, I’m grateful to hear that I’m letting my imagination get the best of me! I was afraid that it was real and that my sick with it “rock hound” in me was going to go deeper into my sickness.

I really like this website and it’s forum,

many all the members seemed helpful and polite. So ya thanks again.

I am going to add just one more picture.

it’s a close up of exactly what I’m seeing.

Thank you once again.

83965463-5DDA-4294-8DD1-49C2EDF5E771.jpeg

• 8 months later...

Omg! Fossil forum members,

I look at this whole post I posted and I’m mortified! I apologize for waiting your time with all my silliness. I love this forum.

Im so intrigued with rocks/fossils. 
I can’t wait to learn more from all of you.

ty

1 hour ago, Rocksmakemehappy said:

posted and I’m mortified! I apologize for waiting your time

LOL! No reason to be mortified! Even the most trained people on the forum were once just starting out! Keep trying you’ll find something if you try enough!

9 hours ago, Rocksmakemehappy said:

I look at this whole post I posted and I’m mortified! I apologize for waiting your time with all my silliness. I love this forum.

You're not wasting anyone's time. We enjoy helping people identify whatever they find, fossil or not. We only hope people can acquire additional knowledge from us and not see what we say as a rebuke or judgement. Some folks, strangely, are offended by the truth.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Been there done that and  will do it again   .And i am not showing you my “i am keeping it anyway” collection of odd rocks and weird pieces.  It is the ones i threw back and find an id later that really bother me

On 3/20/2022 at 8:44 AM, Rocksmakemehappy said:

Omg! Fossil forum members,

Im so intrigued with rocks/fossils. 
I can’t wait to learn more from all of you.

ty

So here’s is one of my finds that I just found the other day. If this puppy isn’t more than a rock… well then I will probably pick up another rock on down the trail that will have me sending y’all pictures again honestly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Again, no fossils here, but it looks like chert/agate/quartz or quartzite.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

@Fossildude19 is right, but I certainly  would have picked it up.  At first glance i would have been very excited   It looks like a string of 3 and maybe 4  vertebrae.  However each vertebrae is a very different size  biologically it doesnt happen that way;  the upper piece is just an outline  i dont expect that .  Lastly it looks to me like quartz, again not what i expect in fossil bone.  Because it is quartz or quartz like it has no bone texture  

is there a rock or fossil club near you that you could go on a field trip with.  I find group trips more fun.  I will go out alone  but i cannt tell you how many sites i have looked for an either did not find the site or did not recognize the fossils i was looking for