Are these real Megaladon real or fakes.

Thanks for any help. I am buying these off of online and the seller has 100 percent pos feed back and the teeth look real to my eye. I am no expert but I don't see anything that raises a red flag. Thanks for any help.

1.jpg  2.jpg

3.jpg  4.jpg

7.jpg

s-l1600.jpg  

Second tooth I bought.

1.jpg  2.jpg

11.jpg  s-l1600.jpg12.jpg

123.jpg

They look real to me, but are not in great shape. 

They are pretty beat up. 

Tip dings, feeding damage, enamel peel, and worn serrations.   :shrug:

• I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Those have the appearance of typical ocean collected megs. As long as you are happy with what you paid, you can be happy in owning them. Enjoy. As you know, meg teeth are extremely popular fossil collectables and are a "must have" for any general fossil collection.

• I Agree 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I agree with the others. These teeth are real and have some ocean wear to them. 

I got them off of online and the seller had 100 percent pos and a lot of sales. That is a good sign. I look for bubbles if its resin and uniform color that does not look right. This is from a dive group that sells a lot of them. I only paid 20 bucks each shipped. So not a lot of money and I was not looking for a perfect specimen. I know the higher the quality the higher the price. I picked one up several years ago at the shark fest in Venice Fla. from a diver who gets them off of South Carolina. One of these I am going to give to my brother as a Xmas gift. I like the bottom one over all but the top one has nice serration left.

Real and I like them! Really real live fossil teeth.

Franz Bernhard