Trammel Fossil Park?

Thefossildude

Has anyone visited Trammel Fossil Park in Ohio? If so, how what did you find and do you happen to have pictures? Any tips on where to look and when?

Looking any info you may have. Thanks 

Despite being very popular and right smack dab in an urban setting it can produce great fossils. Someone on one of the Ohio Fossil FB groups just posted a nice edrioasteroid from there.  Years ago I picked up a couple of nice Flexicalymene rollers, including one of my largest as about an inch across.  The formations are LOADED with fossils of all sorts.  The people who say it is "picked over" are really only talking about how hard it can be to find the rare items.  And it has produced some rare items. But, The park has great signage identifying the formations exposed so it is also worth visiting just to get a better handle on local stratigraphy.

• I found this Informative 2

I found an edrioasteroid there when I visited last month. The Miamitown has a lot of nice mollusks, which is not something you often see in the Cincinnatian. There was a lot to find, but if you go expecting to find rare specimens you'll probably be disappointed. But that's kind of just how fossil hunting in general I suppose.

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1