Today I went on an online expedition. I got up at 8:00 am on my last day of vacation and found some really nice souvenirs. A few need repair, but overall they are really good finds. I did not have to travel overseas to find them either. Next week it is back to work work. I have another week off sometime later. I am looking at going to bring tools and overnight near Kincardine and some Bruce Peninsula for a color trip. expedition.

I will start with the Comura

Comura Bultyncki-01.JPG

Comura Bultyncki-02.JPG

Comura Bultyncki-03.JPG

Comura Bultyncki-04.JPG

• Enjoyed 5

Next Trilobite is a double Walliserops with the smaller forks.  One of the bugs is missing a few spines near the front. He is the glossy one. This  piece was appealing to me since all the ones I looked at before were singles. I still might get the long forks later, but for now ... my Moroccan collection is almost completed.

Walliserops Trifurcatus-01.JPG

Walliserops Trifurcatus-02.JPG

Walliserops Trifurcatus-03.JPG

Walliserops Trifurcatus-04.JPG

Walliserops Trifurcatus-05.JPG

Walliserops Trifurcatus-06.JPG

• Enjoyed 3

Next up is the Erbenochile Erbeni. This little bug was amazingly low cost (they all were) compared to what vendors are selling them for. What really makes him interesting is the colour has gone rainbow. I take it this is some type of Oxidization?? Like I said on the Walliserops, I am done with Morocco bugs for now. I have a lot of scanning to do and more than enough material for my website. I am choosing fossils for their unique details to show the capabilities of my equipment. 

Also note that they really amaze me with their beauty.

Erbenochile Erbeni-01.JPG

Erbenochile Erbeni-02.JPG

Erbenochile Erbeni-03.JPG

• Enjoyed 3

Next bug is a Psychopyge Elegans. This one has some gloss which I am not so partial to. He also has one break and was glued. I will ask if the gloss can be stripped. I will be getting a UV flashlight soon to see if there is much bondo on this.  I would eventually like to get one with a long snout.

Psychopyge Elegans-01.JPG

Psychopyge Elegans-02.JPG

Psychopyge Elegans-03.JPG

Psychopyge Elegans-04.JPG

• Enjoyed 2

1 minute ago, Ludwigia said:

Please don't get me wrong, but I can't help but ask you if these impressive specimens have been enhanced in any way?

Time will tell. I have picked the best from that Auction. All have facets. I am really convinced these were part of an estate. 

• I found this Informative 1

Last for the bugs is a much older type of trilobite. This is a small group of three Foulinias. There were other bugs, but they did not have good facets. Three were obvious fakes. Two of what I determined were fakes did not sell. I did buy one that I am not 100 percent sure on. I will pose that question after (not a Trilobite).

Foulonia Association-01.JPG

Edited by MattJ
comment got merged
  • Enjoyed 1

Very nice. 
I think you mean Foulonia.

When in Kincardine, hopefully you can catch the bagpipe band that marches through the town each evening. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

7 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

You mean they aren't in your posession yet?

Nope, These were an Auction from Pennsylvania. I live in Ontario Canada. It was also an online only Auction. Even if you lived in the states you could not have looked in person (covid).

I have to trust my eyes. Scrutinize like an Erbenochile.

3 minutes ago, MattJ said:

Nope, this was an Auction. I live in Canada.

Yes, I can see from your display that you're from Amherstberg. So the auction took place virtually in Pennsylvania? I think I understand now.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

2 minutes ago, Kane said:

Very nice. 
I think you mean Foulonia.

When in Kincardine, hopefully you can catch the bagpipe band that marches through the town each evening. :) 

Kane, I am going to a little rock cut.. somewhere near there.  I won't disclose the exact location.

1 minute ago, MattJ said:

Kane, I am going to a little rock cut.. somewhere near there.  I won't disclose the exact location.

No worries, as I would never advise disclosing exact site locations. Chances are I’ve seen it. :D 

My suggestion about the bagpipes was only if you were passing through Kincardine for a nibble.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Now onto the Geocoma Carinata. This one I am not 100 percent on. Seeing that the star is truly more 3D and also that when the legs cross, they overlap, I am 90 percent sure it is real. It will be interesting to see if the leg is 3d when it goes off the edge.

Geocoma Carinata-01.JPG

Geocoma Carinata-02.JPG

Geocoma Carinata-03.JPG

Edited by MattJ
merged again unintentionally
  • Enjoyed 1

Last of all for this topic.. is the Crinoid. This looks like it might have been dropped. Other than that, the detail speaks a 1000 words.

Scyphocrinites Crinoid Elegans-03.JPG

Scyphocrinites Crinoid Elegans-01.JPG

Scyphocrinites Crinoid Elegans-02.JPG

• Enjoyed 2

You did quite well in that auction. I suspect you paid far less than they were worth. Other than the starfish (which I would not have bought, it seems suspect) they are all real though as typoical for when they were likel prepped they will have reapirs , restoration and colorization. 

I think you done real good

• I Agree 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Fossil "digging" in Pennsylvania
1 hour ago, Malcolmt said:

You did quite well in that auction. I suspect you paid far less than they were worth. Other than the starfish (which I would not have bought, it seems suspect) they are all real though as typoical for when they were likel prepped they will have reapirs , restoration and colorization. 

I think you done real good

Hi Malcolm,

I did real well on market value. I will say that the Comura and Walliserops were the most expensive. I estimate that that I payed 30 % of market value. The Erbenochile was about 12-20 % of market value. Psychopyge was about 30 % market value. I can't really say on the Foulonia group, except they were worth it.

On the starfish. Until I have it in my possession and see how it breaks out the one side I will not know for sure. I did find out that they mis-named it. I think they got the name from a popular seller. The real name for the starfish is FOSSIL BRITTLE STAR  Ophiuroides sp. Ordovician Kataoua Formation, Tremadoc Series, Draa Valley, near.

See the source image