Penn Dixie recognized as “World’s Largest Fossil Dig”

Oxytropidoceras

Penn Dixie officially holds Guinness World Record for “World’s Largest Fossil Dig”

By Patrick Ryan, WIVB, Channel 4, New York, July 17, 2021

Penn Dixie Claims World Record

Penn Dixie Fossil Park, July 17, 2021

Trilobites declared “official fossil” of Town of Hamburg

By Kaley Lynch, WIVB, Channel 4, New York, July 17, 2018

Yours,

Paul H.

Edited by Oxytropidoceras
corrected date in citation
  • Enjoyed 4

According to Stokes, a member of the public rose from the floor to ask a question.

“Considering the other types of fossils found in the area, he asked “What about brachiopods?” There was no official response and no further discussion from the floor,” Stokes said, adding, “To settle this controversy before it gets out of hand, we note that brachiopods — a shelled, filter feeding organism, are far more abundant than trilobites. However, our official position is that trilobites are cooler and the real reason for visitors to come to Hamburg.”

:heartylaugh:

• Enjoyed 1

"However, our official position is that trilobites are cooler and the real reason for visitors to come to Hamburg.”

Vincit Omnia Veritas   :trilosurprise::thumbsu:

• Enjoyed 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

4 hours ago, connorp said:

According to Stokes, a member of the public rose from the floor to ask a question.

“Considering the other types of fossils found in the area, he asked “What about brachiopods?” There was no official response and no further discussion from the floor,” Stokes said, adding, “To settle this controversy before it gets out of hand, we note that brachiopods — a shelled, filter feeding organism, are far more abundant than trilobites. However, our official position is that trilobites are cooler and the real reason for visitors to come to Hamburg.”

@Tidgy's Dad might disagree.

• I Agree 1

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

1 hour ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

@Tidgy's Dad might disagree.

You're right, he does. 

I am on Penn Dixie's mailing list so Dr Stokes sends me their monthly newsletter and updates so I have the right to protest in the strongest possible terms! 

6 hours ago, piranha said:

"However, our official position is that trilobites are cooler and the real reason for visitors to come to Hamburg.”

6 hours ago, piranha said:

Brachiopodes est Verum :brachiopod::b_love1:

Edited by Tidgy's Dad
  • Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Really should be 'brachiopoda', in Latin, I suppose, so I used a bit or artistic license. :)  

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png