Massive Spinosaurus Claw and Skull

2 hours ago, FranzBernhard said:

I saw this spot on the first sight, but could not make any sense of it! Thanks for pointing it out, this makes real sense now!

So, a rather nice/typical specimen, with a rather poor story attached to it :(. That´s a pity!

What I also noted at the first sight was the custom made stand. Not everyones taste, of course, but some time was put into making it. Consider making all the screw holes!

Franz Bernhard

Hello Franz ,

yeah it makes sense when you see it now. I would make a base just like AJ Plai A little more subtile. And matching my other ones. 

548CA2C9-E8CA-4BCC-9EC3-AE77F53029D6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Phos_01 said:

I would make a base just like AJ Plai A little more subtile

Of course do what you like but I was very impressed with the current mount.   It does a great job supporting the digit to minimize stress on the bones yet still subtile.

• I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Haravex said:

Great, just watched it a few times! As a relative new Fossil collector its still a bit hard to get from the video it goes fast. What im learning from this: Serrations, and those vertical lines going down from the tooth like ribbons. Setting the Dino teeth apart from the Croq.

So a small update,

I did not buy the claw, and im back from the Holliday. 

I bit bummed out. Perhaps I will get it touch with him once more with a translator. 

I wanted to ask him a few more questions:

- if he has got photos from the digging site / excavating, would add a great provenance

- if he could make some photos with an UV light for me. to see possible restaurations. 

He will probably wont to both of them, but its worth to ask. I would try to see with the UV light myself, but im 1.200km away.

• 3 weeks later...

While spinosaurs might (not yet have) be(en) found in France, ankyolsaurs are. Skip ahead to 10:30 to get to the good stuff, but definitely don't skip the rest! Just astounding the material that's being found in France :o

• I found this Informative 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

14 hours ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

While spinosaurs might (not yet have) be(en) found in France, ankyolsaurs are. Skip ahead to 10:30 to get to the good stuff, but definitely don't skip the rest! Just astounding the material that's being found in France :o

Thanks for your reply! Great video, I have watched the whole thing ;-) 

My Claw has been verified now belonging to Moroccan , Kem Kem beds. Its an authentic piece with minor restorations. So mystery solved! 
Some photos bellow

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-08 at 22.04.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-08 at 22.05.50.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-08 at 22.05.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-08 at 22.04.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-08 at 20.50.28 (1).jpeg

2 minutes ago, Phos_01 said:

Thanks for your reply! Great video, I have watched the whole thing ;-) 

My Claw has been verified now belonging to Moroccan , Kem Kem beds. Its an authentic piece with minor restorations. So mystery solved! 
Some photos bellow

I know, but thought it would still be interesting to share the video here all the same, as we've been discussing French dinosaurs before :) Anyway, glad you liked the video.

So, with these photographs, does it mean that you've been able to acquire the piece then?

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

13 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

I know, but thought it would still be interesting to share the video here all the same, as we've been discussing French dinosaurs before :) Anyway, glad you liked the video.

So, with these photographs, does it mean that you've been able to acquire the piece then?

Yeah amazing to see, I would love to find a Dinosaur fossil one day.

Im still working on acquiring the Claw :oyh:
Work in progress LOL hopefully I get it done