Attic find - sperm whale tooth?

Styles

I’m almost certain this is not a fossil, but didn’t know where else to go. My buddy found this tooth/tusk in his attic and I’ve been having a tough time telling for certain what it is. No idea where it was found. 

Sperm whale was what first came to mind, but I don’t see a very clear boundary between the crown and the root. Doesn’t seem to match smilodon, walrus, boar, or any other similar possibilities that came to mind. 

Does anybody more familiar with this type of stuff have any idea what we’re looking at? He confirmed that it’s hollow which is another check in the sperm whale box but I’m just not sure. 

Unfortunately that’s all the info I have. Thanks in advance!

A1A26F0F-E683-41BF-902E-1408B51DFD5B.jpeg

5375F509-C6C9-431E-BE0D-674A3D496B29.jpeg

4C0AA690-5A6C-42E3-9F48-709E88FBDA9D.jpeg

Have you considered hog/boar tusk?  My impression is that this object has been altered by polishing.  Please show us the broken end.

• I found this Informative 1

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

I did consider boar first (attached), but it seems thicker and more blunt than the ones I’ve seen online. And I agree, seems polished and lacquered. Unfortunately, it’s not in my possession and he only has these photos until he goes back to his parents’ house next. 

FAD7830C-D117-48E2-B6F8-BE0B9377C256.webp