Been a while and new finds (Odd ones too).

Petrified

First off good to see everyone again.  Been a good yr so far with fossils this year with new ones to add to collection.  Time periods its hard to say except the horse tooth from 9-15000 yrs ago.  Don't mind the mod podge on the connected spinal columns (I think) because the petrified black worms or seeds creeped me out.   The coolest I think the petrified grass or leaf, but other finds especially the bones are up there too.  Well enjoy and good to be back and if ideas on time frames give it a whirl.    PS:  Ill post more pics tomorrow with sizes to show how small some of this stuff is and etc...

horse tooth.JPG

IMG_8179 (2).JPG

IMG_8191 (2).JPG

IMG_8202.JPG

IMG_8264 (2).JPG

IMG_8266 (2).JPG

IMG_8274 (2).JPG

spinal column.JPG

IMG_8284 (2).JPG

IMG_8286 (2).JPG

IMG_8286.JPG

IMG_8289.JPG

IMG_8282 (2).JPG

IMG_8275 (2).JPG

IMG_8278 (3).JPG

Definition of a fossil= Love at first site.

7 hours ago, Petrified said:

Time periods its hard to say except the horse tooth from 9-15000 yrs ago. 

Welcome back.  Thanks for sharing the photos...

I am intrigued.. I find modern teeth of horses descended, I suppose, from those introduced by the Spaniards 500 years ago. I find plenty of Equus teeth that may go back 50000 years or more.

Certainly possible Equus survived until 9-10 Thousands years ago, but how can I tell?

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

To be honest I can't tell for sure on age frame but based on homework on the tooth it stated 9-15000 yrs ago.  The tooth itself was found in an area with glacial deposits.  I was panning for gold when finding fossils.  I found gold too so win win :thumbsu:.

Definition of a fossil= Love at first site.