Fossil Shack Scribe

Volksburgs

Hello, I bought a Fossil Shack air scribe but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the needle aka tip out.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks!

Edited by Volksburgs

Did it come with instructions/a parts diagram?

I don't own a Fossil Shack air scribe but it looks like an ARO type so I'd guess the front end should just screw off. Then the tip just falls out the back of the front end. The photos on their website show where it screws on a bit below (towards the air hose) the knurling (grip texture).

3 hours ago, Thomas.Dodson said:

Did it come with instructions/a parts diagram?

I don't own a Fossil Shack air scribe but it looks like an ARO type so I'd guess the front end should just screw off. Then the tip just falls out the back of the front end. The photos on their website show where it screws on a bit below (towards the air hose) the knurling (grip texture).

Thanks for the response.  No parts diagram, just instructions that say "unscrew the head and take the piston out of the head."   I have tried with all my might to unscrew the tip.  The only area I can get to unscrew is the bottom, see attached picture where the red arrow is pointing.  The area that I circled is the area I have tried to unscrew.  I have even wrapped it with rubber bands and grabbed it with pliers to try to unscrew it with no success.  I am wondering if it is just on really tight.

Air Scribe.jpeg

This looks really similar to the scribe I use. On my model that front part you circled screws right off. It can be a little tough to get started so that would be my guess. 

1 minute ago, Huntonia said:

This looks really similar to the scribe I use. On my model that front part you circled screws right off. It can be a little tough to get started so that would be my guess. 

Yes I just got it loose.  I had to take vice grips to hold it and then pliers to unscrew it.  WOW it was really on there.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Volksburgs said:

Yes I just got it loose.  I had to take vice grips to hold it and then pliers to unscrew it.  WOW it was really on there.  Thanks!

Yeah they really get them on tight! The first time I opened mine up I had to get a friend with more hand strength to help me out :P 

You should be able to put an o ring around the threads where you took it apart which will allow you to not tighten it so much. This should come off easily enough yet also not work itself loose as you scribe 

• I found this Informative 1

7 hours ago, jpc said:

This should come off easily enough yet also not work itself loose as you scribe 

I found it a bit stubborn right out of the box, but afterwards I've had no issues with it :dinothumb: