Is this claw athentic?

Big Mac boi

Hello I recently found this claw labeled as Rugops primus finger.

It also says it is a composite piece. 

I was wondering if the claw itself is authentic, without restoration. 

Screenshot_20210727-012703_Chrome.jpg

I would think "composite" implies restoration IMO. Any time a piece of a specimen is grafted with other parts that did not originally belong to the specimen, that would in my mind be a form of restoration.

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

We will need better photos of both sides to determine if its real.  The phalanges look like Croc but are not dinosaurian.   That morphology of claw is common in the Kem Kem Group but to date it has not been assigned to anything.  Most likely dinosaurian but could be something else.  Rugops has yet to be formally described in the KKG and is only known from Niger although some publications regard it as an Abelisaurid in morocco.  The claw is certainly not from an Abelisaurid 

41 minutes ago, Kane said:

would think "composite" implies restoration IMO. Any time a piece of a specimen is grafted with other parts that did not originally belong to the specimen, that would in my mind be a form of restoration.

Yes but it also indicates the addition of non associated elements to complete the association of the digit.  In the example above the two phalanx are considered composited to the claw.

• I found this Informative 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Troodon said:

We will need better photos of both sides to determine if its real.  The phalanges look like Croc but are not dinosaurian.   That morphology of claw is common in the Kem Kem Group but to date it has not been assigned to anything.  Most likely dinosaurian but could be something else.  Rugops has yet to be formally described in the KKG and is only known from Niger although some publications regard it as an Abelisaurid in morocco.  The claw is certainly not from an Abelisaurid 

Yes but it also indicates the addition of non associated elements to complete an association.  In the example above the two phalanx are considered composited to the claw.

Here you go 

Screenshot_20210727-023028_Samsung Internet.jpg

Photo is not adequate, its same image, has a glare on it, off color and need both sides.  Need HD images, closeups without the other bones otherwise I cannot make a call

• I found this Informative 1

@troodon oh these are the only two images the website has I'll try to see if I can get more

searched the photo and the website also says total length is 60mm

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)