Fossil Seed - Nut - Fruit

mikeymig

In a collection I recently acquired, some of the fossils in the collection had no ID with them. This fossil looks real familiar to me but I cant remember where or when I saw it. 27mm or a little over an inch long. Any help is appreciated. 

DSC00172.JPG

DSC00173.JPG

DSC00176.JPG

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Or an acorn minus the cap.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

I'm seeing acorn minus the cap!

Edit: now I'm seeing more of a hazelnut... Do you know the age or any more information?

Edited by IsaacTheFossilMan

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

Take a picture looking down on the pointy end. Does it have three prominent ridges like Trigonocarpus? Does it exhibit bilateral symmetry?

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

There's an eocene nut found in Maryland and virginia that shows up in collections occasionally. You can google as I don't recall the specifics.