Best Fairs in Benelux ?

Phos_01

Hello,

Just wondering what the best fairs are to go in

- Belgium

- Netherlands

- France

Do you have any recommendations? Im interested in Dinosaur fossils only. 
Looking to get more fossils, and also looking to get more experience in this fascinating hobby

Thanks for the tips ! 

Cheers

In Belgium, PaleoTime-BE in november (the 7th this year) and the fair organised by the BVP in Sint-Gillis-Waas in september are the best ones. Both are only fossils. In terms of dinosaur fossils, there usually isn't more than Kem Kem stuff. I've seen an egg sometimes, or the occasional tooth/bone from a different location but that's it.

I've also been to the fairs of Ghent, Harelbeke and Brussels, but those are mixed with minerals and Brussels also has jewels. Fun to do, but nothing more than the other two fairs have.

• I found this Informative 2

PaleoTime like Thijs says is really recommended, I've made some great aqcuisitions there in the past. 

But regarding dinosaur fossils you won't find much else then the usual Kem Kem material indeed. 

• I found this Informative 1

Interested in all things paleontology, geology, zoology, evolution, natural history and science!
Professional exotic pet keeper, huge fantasy geek, explorer of the microfossil realm, member of the BVP (Belgian Association for Paleontology), Volunteer prepper at Oertijdmuseum Boxtel.  

View my collection topic here:

The Growing Collection of Ziggycardon
My animal collection at the "Members pet" topic

Ziggycardon's exploration of the microfossil realm

Trips to Eben Emael (Maastrichtian of Belgium)

My latest fossil hunt

Next project will be a dedicated prepping space.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

5d68d9f3c550a_153657011360380104(21).jpg.bda3d3b7ae7b8321dd0620a0c61cc459.jpg5d68da1b497f5_153657011360380104(20).jpg.8610ffc65ccaa5d057e7b52b65989cd0.jpg5d68da353dd03_153657011360380104(24).jpg.ae73afaefa6ab34e7af5f6131aed96ff.jpgsolnhofen.jpg.76dd03ba7eb39946850662021b7d8dd4.jpg166802558255587143.jpg.c38d91e9e45f17addf29c40166b797a2.jpg5d68da49ad887_153657011360380104(25).jpg.dfff987039b3c99f41e44da51f71ae91.jpg

3 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:

In Belgium, PaleoTime-BE in november (the 7th this year) and the fair organised by the BVP in Sint-Gillis-Waas in september are the best ones. Both are only fossils. In terms of dinosaur fossils, there usually isn't more than Kem Kem stuff. I've seen an egg sometimes, or the occasional tooth/bone from a different location but that's it.

I've also been to the fairs of Ghent, Harelbeke and Brussels, but those are mixed with minerals and Brussels also has jewels. Fun to do, but nothing more than the other two fairs have.

28 minutes ago, ziggycardon said:

PaleoTime like Thijs says is really recommended, I've made some great aqcuisitions there in the past. 

But regarding dinosaur fossils you won't find much else then the usual Kem Kem material indeed. 

Thank you Giga & Ziggy, 
I will definitely visit Paleo on the 7th to start with. 

I was afraid there would be only Kem Kem, i mean not that its bad, but Im on the look for other ones that I already have now, looking for US tooth now. They are very hard to find

Last PaleoTime in the Netherlands before the lock down also had some Hell Creek material available.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

The best show in Europe is the Munich and in the countries you've indicated would be the Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines in France.  I have not attended them just hear from other collectors and dealers.

On 8/8/2021 at 10:56 AM, LordTrilobite said:

Last PaleoTime in the Netherlands before the lock down also had some Hell Creek material available.

Thank you, already wrote down 7 November for the Belgium Edition of Paleo, hopefully they have some. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, gigantoraptor said:

Hello
last Sunday I visited BVP In Sint-Gillis-Waas, I was suprised allot of people showed up to a relativly small fair. But it was as I suspected, mostly Trilobite and shells and small shark teeth. None of my interest, only 1 guy had Dinosaur items, And I knew him already, but it was fun to attend and support the fair!

Next one up: 25-26 September - Antwerp Expo, 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Today I have visited 'MINERANT 2021 - mineralen- en fossielenbeurs' Mineral and fossilfair. at Antwerp Expo

Sadly most of it were Minerals, minerals and minerals lots of it. There were like 10 Dinosaur teeth out there max, and most of it was Spinosaur or lower quality ones, I was there right at the start, so nothing could got sold before. So Sadly not for us Fossil collectors. I wanted to make a topic of it, but there is only a museum tap, so I thought Ill share it here for those who were wondering to visit this fair. So you will get a sort of idea whats going on.

IMG_7040.JPG

IMG_7039.JPG

IMG_7038.JPG

IMG_7037.JPG

IMG_7036.JPG

IMG_7034.JPG

IMG_7032.JPG

IMG_7031.JPG

IMG_7030.JPG

IMG_7028.JPG

IMG_7027.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG