Shark teeth ID help (newbie who made some best guesses)

JAK

Hi All!  First time posting after my young daughter and I tried hunting for shark teeth (and other fossils) for the first time - on the Potomac near Montross, VA.  

We'd be grateful for any help.

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Hello and welcome to the forum! :meg:

Looks like you had a successful outing! You pretty much nailed all the ID's. The "giant white" teeth are Carcharodon/Cosmopolitodus hastalis, the shortfin mako/sand tiger is sand tiger (Carcharias sp.), all the snaggleteeth are right (Hemipristis serra), the first two tiger teeth are right (Galeocerdo cuvier), the "bull shark" could be bull, but Carcharhinus sp. is more conservative, and the last three are all tiger-like sharks Physogaleus contortus. 

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff