Baryonyx jaw? Tooth?

Per Christian

This fossil is listed as a Baryonyx tooth with possible jaw underneath.

What do members here make of it? Is it possible to tell whether it's a jaw or not alongside the tooth?

Formation: Wealden formation, Hastings. 

Screenshot_20210808-071714.png

Screenshot_20210808-071707.png

Screenshot_20210808-071654.png

Screenshot_20210808-071712.png

Screenshot_20210808-071643.png

If there were a definitive jaw visible the seller would not have listed it as "possible jaw"  One would have additional prep work to determine that.  I would not purchase it based on a jaw being present just that tooth, is it complete?.

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

If there were a definitive jaw visible the seller would not have listed it as "possible jaw"  One would have additional prep work to determine that.  I would not purchase it based on a jaw being present.

Thank you, that is what I needed to hear

Also, you need to ask the seller about specific provenance, because Hastings beds is Valanginian - older than Barremian Wessex formation where Baryonyx is known from, so this tooth is best identified as Spinosauridae indet. Suchosaurus cultridens is known from Wadhurst Clay formation, which is part of Hastings beds, but it might be dubious. There are a lot of different formations in UK spanning the entire Early Cretaceous that do not share their faunas with each other.

The Tooth Fairy