Id required please

Stufm

Spotted this in a small bay on Anglesey, Wales. There were lots of other small shellfish type fossils mostly in slate rocks, but this one was larger and seems to have vertebrae? Could anyone offer any insight into what this is please? Many thanks.

06C165B2-20D5-4386-B630-61930AC6B5CA.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Stufm said:

Spotted this in a small bay on Anglesey, Wales. There were lots of other small shellfish type fossils mostly in slate rocks, but this one was larger and seems to have vertebrae? Could anyone offer any insight into what this is please? Many thanks.

06C165B2-20D5-4386-B630-61930AC6B5CA.jpeg

how many ctms long?
For better help, you should include photos from various angles, and zoomed in, to see more details.

Maybe there's a weathered ammonites in the rock?

• I Agree 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

1 hour ago, abyssunder said:

Maybe there's a weathered ammonites in the rock?

Anglesey is Paleozoic (and Pleistocene). I don't think it's a glacial erratic, so doubt this is an ammonite. 

Looks like Carboniferous limestone to me.  

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png